Serve Seafood Tonight!
Healthy and Safety
U.S. Farm-Raised Seafood is regulated at the national, state and local level to ensure the seafood on your plate is safe, sustainable and nutritious.
From Tank to Table
Buying American seafood is an easy assurance that your doing the right thing for your health and the planet!
Simple Tips for Simply Delicious Seafood
Handling Tips for Safe Cooking
- Keep U.S. farm-raised fish cold. Store in the coldest part of the refrigerator (usually the bottom shelf near the back).
- Thaw frozen fish in the refrigerator overnight before cooking.
- Handle raw and cooked products separately. Use separate cutting boards and utensils.
- Wash hands before and after handling raw fish.
- Purchase seafood as the last item on your shopping trip. If the weather is particularly warm, ask for some ice to keep your fish cold on the way home or bring a cooler.